Thursday, August 30, 2007

"Aunty, I have seen the world, but I have never be out in the world," Alheri said.






















Selah (contemplate)

Today I was with my little princesses. They love to hear stories, so I shared with them about how God took me to Zimbabwe and to China before He brought me to Nigeria. As I shared, I realized that they did not have a clue how to picture where I was talking about. I told them I will bring a map of the world so that they can understand.

All they know is what they have seen. Like most of us, whatever is in front of them is what they focus on. But if that is how we live, are we really living? And yet, if we don't see what is right in front of us, we will miss God at work.

Selah

The whole world is out there, crying, starving, hurting, unforgiving, performing, striving, trying.... dying.

So when Alheri said she has never been out in the world, it made me think. Today they were all dressed up because they were going on a field trip to the city. My eyes were opened to the fact that every day all they see is their little village, except for the occasional trip out.

Yes, dear girls, the world seems small, but there are many people in America who love you, who are praying for you - Alheri, specifically, is on the Prayer Calendar for tomorrow. Please pray for Alheri and the other girls, that they will learn how to love, how to trust, how to believe, how to hope.... and how to share this with others in their world.



Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Angie Velasquez Thornton said...

what a beautiful pix and what truth. may the Lord continue to bless your work with these precious princesses!

Miller Family said...

hey girl. your words were right on. this past weekend we were at a retreat and one of the things said was "where we look is how we live today" so if we look to the past then that is where we live. if we look to the future glory, that is how we live today. our lives reflect where we look. love you my sister. hope to talk soon.

Robyn said...

Erin! I was so glad to finally visit your blog. I'm new to the blogger world- sort of. Anyway... thanks for the updates and I'll keep praying. You are such a special person to be devoting your life in the way you are and I get chills seeing YOU all the way over there. It seems like yesterday we were in MHB! Love ya!
Robyn