Wednesday, August 15, 2007

Mid-Camp





Camp is halfway over!!! It has been incredible. The theme of the camp is "Joy of Personal Revival" Psalm 137:23-24 and we are using a study called "Seeking Him" by Nancy Leigh DeMoss and Tim Grissom. Because we have the older boys, we realize the need they have to dig deep into the Word. All 6 of the team members from Chicago have a small group that they do the study with. They have noticed, as I have in the past, that there are boys who are confused about eternal security, what is forgiveness and confession all about, etc. Please be praying for God's spirit to open eyes and surrender hearts.
The pics above show the ladies on the team chatting with the boys during free time and one of Victoria and me. My best idea of the camp was to hire a nurse to take care of the boys medical needs. As camp director, I have been able to focus on the many administration needs of the camp, thanks to Victoria.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Erin,
I'm a missionary in the Philippines (currently on home assignment). Thanks for all you are doing there! Our friend Jim Marvin is with your group from Chicago, so it was great to get your update on what they are doin. Thanks!
Chris

Anonymous said...

Erin -- I am Jim Marvin's mom. Please give him a hug for me. I have been praying for the team and the children. Take good care of my boy!