Thursday, September 04, 2008

Eyes that see

I could not know, would not know. I could not know how Africa would touch me, bend me, remold my heart. Sometimes there is a place you do not know about, but it is still there, outside your knowledge. When you reach this place you change, and you wonder how you could possibly have lived without the knowledge of it inside you. For everything I see now is through eyes that could not see before, ears that did not hear, and a heart that would not understand...*











































* taken from 'Into the Nevernight' by Anne de Graaf


some pictures courtesy of Jamie, fellow missionary in Nigeria. www.jamiehigbee.blogspot.com


2 comments:

Dee Ann said...

Erin,

I am a member of Jerry Minx's ABF at Lake Pointe and I just want you to know that I am praying for you, the peoples in Nigeria and I love reading your blog.

Can't wait till Jerry and the group get to go and tell us the awesome things that are happening there!

Here is my blog, I have started a juvenile prison ministry at Lake Pointe and love to serve at risk youth! Please pray for us too!
http://deesfieldtrips.blogspot.com/
Your Sister,
Dee Ann Parker

Shannon said...

Erin, I have spent the last 2 weeks reading all of the blog entries you have made and each time I read I am brought to tears. Your life in Nigeria moves me and excites me for what the Lord may have for me and my husband someday. I have such a passion for ministering in a foreign land. Right now we are ministering in our own city. I look forward to reading about your life with the Lord in the days to come. God Bless