Saturday, September 29, 2007

Aunty Erin's Tree

The staff and kids in Gyero, our rural Care Center, recently came up with the idea of planting a tree in honor of each missionary serving them. Last week it was Aunty Erin's turn to have her tree planting ceremony. :)


Baba Sati, one of the leaders, had a few baby trees for me to pick from and I told him that I wanted one that would provide a lot of shade in the years to come. The girls ended up picking an avocado tree, which I think is very fitting, since this Texas gal loves her guacamole!






I am so blessed, so happy, so fulfilled. In the midst of challenges, heartache, cultural differences, and feelings of complete inadequacy, the Lord's joy surrounds me. Do I really get to live here? Is this really my life? I am so thankful, Father, for the honor to serve You and to serve your beautiful children in Nigeria. May YOU receive all the praise, all the glory, all the adoration. May YOUR name be lifted up. It is all about You, because of You and for You.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great new look for the blog. The work you are doing is so important, and your love for the Lord and these kids and Nigeria are an inspiration!

Bradly Jones said...

Great pictures. how tall is that tree now? The kids really seems to be having fun with this little project :)



--
call Nigeria