Friday, September 14, 2007

Tidbits

Tidbits from the past week:
1) Bad news - my computer crashed and burned on hursday evening. Good news - I did not freak out! Ok, so am a little anxious, but nowhere NEAR how I would have responded before coming to Nigeria. Life here is always full of surprises and setbacks and either you gotta go with the flow or die. :) Pray for Dan, The Computer Man, to wiggle his fingers and heal my computer.

2) I was interviewed by a missionary in Mexico, via the phone, and it is now posted on the website http://www.missionarytalks.com/ A great tool to spread the Word!

3) One of our boys, 12 yr old Augustine, fell yesterday. I thought he needed stitches, so I called our new missionary doc, Dr. Don. He is my 'on call' doctor now, and I am thrilled! So we went to Dr. Don's house and Augustine was shaking, he was so afraid about the stitches. At camp they memorized Joshua 1:9, so he and I said it out loud together: "Be strong and courageous. Do not be terrified. For the Lord your God will be with you wherever you go." Within a minute, his shaking stopped. :)

4) I started Hausa studies, AGAIN, with two lovely Nigerian ladies. It is 2 hrs each afternoon and boy, am I tired after class. But, God really convicted me that I need to get fluent in Hausa, to show the Nigerians love and respect. I am not very disciplined in this area, but am determined to learn.

"Remember, it is sin to know what you ought to do and then not do it". James 4:17


God bless you guys, ER

2 comments:

Angie Velasquez Thornton said...

Press on with the Hausa, sister! I'm working on Wolof and am still trying to figure out the best way to learn. But you're right, it communicates so much. People's faces just light up when I use the few phrases I know! It's fun.

Miller Family said...

hey e! i listened to your podcast today! it was great to hear your voice via the internet .. :) miss you and love you! a