Friday, April 18, 2008

Taking off....

I would love to post pics and tell stories, but the reality is my time is taken up these days with preparing to leave on Sunday, April 20th, for a 2 month rest and recuperation time in the States.

Coming under authority with respect and thanksgiving is a key thing the Lord has been working with me on the past couple years. So, when I was in a bind and did not know what to do... God's voice clearly came through and told me to go to my leaders here in Nigeria. So, I went to my supervisor, missionary doc, and personnel director.

They all said the same thing. I need to go to the States to rest and to get some medical check-ups. Maybe all the sickness I have had this past year since I returned to Nigeria is nothing more than just random sickness. Or maybe it is more. So, to rule out some crazy disease on top of the one I already have in my lungs, I will be seeing my pulmonologist, an internal medicine doc, and maybe a tropical disease doctor.

So the past couple weeks have been busy busy with preparations to go. I have been madly checking off things from my to-do list, trying to get all the centers a-ok with medical and nutritional stuff before I leave.

There is much more to say, but time is not on my side (as we say here).

I will be in touch, once I get settled into Texas next week.

1 comment:

Schellhases said...

Erin,

We are so sorry that you have been suffering. We will keep you and your stateside physicians in our prayers, knowing that the Great Physician is with you always.

We will be praying for complete healing.

With love,
Debbie