Thursday, May 10, 2007



Girls!!! I finally got to meet our precious girls, who are new to our ministry. They are precious, trusting and oh so fun. They are all dressed up for my welcome back party in Gyero - our rural Care Center.

Presents!!! Thanks to donations, I was able to give each child a new bag, which is very helpful as they have to share cupboards.

Gyero!!! Our rural Care Center, about 40 min from where I live, is set in the beautiful countryside and the kids are so sweet. We had a wonderful welcome back party with gifts (for them), bread and butter and cokes (super special treats).

Prayer - please check out the monthly prayer calendars at http://www.webmissions.net/erinrigsby/support.htm

6 comments:

Angie Velasquez Thornton said...

You're so cool, Erin! I'm so excited for you to finally be getting back to Nigeria. I'm proud to be your friend and talk about you all the time. Enjoy your homecoming! :)

Anonymous said...

Hi Erin,

It is great to see the photos of Gyero and we are so happy to know they "celebrated" your return so nicely! I'm sure you are feeling "at home" and back to being a busy bee!

Jerry White said...

It was so good to hear you are there and doing well. We can't wait to see you in October. Tell all the boys and GIRLS we said hello. Love the Blog, what a very cool way to talk to all of us. Sorry to hear about your friend, Priase God we will all be together again one day. Love Jerry and Janice

charis tully said...

hi erin i'm sure everyone is delighted to have you back. don't overdo things now that you are just back i know you will want to see everyone and do loads take it easy!! love charis

Unknown said...

Hi Erin! You must be a very good person to come down to Nigeria as a missionary where there are lots of crisis, poverty, lack of security etc. I am proud of you. Keep on loving the boys and the girls and I believe that one day the good Lord will bless you beyond measure. Lots of Love!

Louisiana Belle said...

Erin,
Kay from the UMHB Library gave me your web address- I love keeping up with the work you are doing! How wonderful! We'll be praying for you!