Monday, April 30, 2007

First legitimate blog from Nigeria



Yes! The 10 boxes made it with me to Nigeria. Yes! I was able to sleep on the planes (at least a little). Yes! I survived the trip to Jos, even though we got stopped on the road for an hour by some lovely people - but were allowed to pass with no harm done. Thanks for praying!!!

Now I have settled in bit, wanted to share my welcome back party --

Before I went to Transition House, where the kids live, I called and let them know I was on my way and Alex said to wait twenty minutes. I knew something was up. So when I arrived, all the staff were outside to greet me and welcome me back. As I hugged them, I kept looking around for the kids and they started laughing. "Ok, I said, " I love you all but I really want to see the boys." I was told that the kids were hiding and that I would have to find them. I figured it was pretty tough to hide 70 boys, but it took awhile for me to find them. Finally, a little black head was spotted peaking from behind a wall and off running I went to get them! It was a wonderful reunion with lots of laughing and whistling and so forth. After praise and worship, I passed out bread and cokes. THEN came the gifts of jersey's for every boy, which they loved!!!



I am still trying to figure out how to get these pics in place on my blogs, but here you go. Will figure that out another time. :)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Erin,
I watched your video on your website today. You have a great heart for the Lord and those children. I pray that your health maintains and that your heart will shine in Nigeria and make an impact.
God Bless,
Brent Wrobel

Anonymous said...

So glad your bags arrived and that you were able to sleep some on the planes. Love the photos. I'd like to adopt all of those boys. :) Unfortunately we just paid a year's rent for a three bedroom house in Indonesia...that might complicate things a bit.

Take care,
Kerry