Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Take a 4 Minute Trip to Nigeria

You are formally invited to take a brief journey to Nigeria! I would love to take this opportunity to bring the children of City Ministries into your home. May the hope, love and peace in their faces encourage you and bless your hearts. So turn up the volume on your speakers, sit back, relax and enjoy this exciting trip to Nigeria!




Sara Groves is singing the song in this video, called "I Saw What I Saw".... She wrote it after her visit to Rwanda.

I saw what I saw and I can't forget it
I heard what I heard and I can't go back
I know what I know and I can't deny it
Something on the road, cut me to the soul
Your pain has changed me
Your dream inspires
Your face a memory
Your hope a fire
Your courage asks me what I'm afraid of (what I am made of) and what I know of love.

Words cannot express the gratitude the children and we in the ministry have for all of the people who have partnered with us; in prayer, finances, resources, visits, emails, gifts, encouraging words.... Because of you, we can continue caring for the 350 + children in our Care Centers.

Because of you:

~ they get 3 hot, nutritious meals a day
~ their school fees are paid for each term
~ they receive medical care
~ they have a blanket and a bed to call their own
~ they have clean clothes and shoes and take a bath every day
~ they are loved by Nigerians who live with them, teach them the Word of God, and provide a
safe place for them to call Home
~ they are being equipped to be future Christian leaders in Nigeria

Without you:
~ they would go hungry
~ they would be illiterate and uneducated
~ they would be constantly sick with malaria, giardia, typhoid, etc
~ they would be sleeping on the streets
~ their clothes would be torn and dirty and their bodies would be covered in filth
~ they would be taken advantage of, could turn to a life of crime and violence, and would not be protected from the evils of abuse and street life
~ they would possibly be without the hope, life and eternal salvation through Jesus Christ

Click here to help us contine caring for the children we already have, and to allow more children to come off the streets, away from abuse, out of despair....and into a family of love and protection! After you fill out the form, you'll be directed to another page... Designate your gifts 'Erin Rigsby - Ministry Account' -- and you can be assured whatever amount you give will directly impact the lives of these children.

No comments: