Thursday, May 28, 2009

I asked God

Yesterday I went in search for a journal, for fresh, clean pages to hold the emotions, prayers, questions, and tears of this season in my life. The first journal I saw had this poem on the front of it.... I couldn't have said it better myself... how I feel now, and the hope I have in God's promises.



I Asked God


I asked God for strength

that I might achieve.

I was made weak

that I might learn humbly to obey.

I asked for health

that I might do greater things.

I was given infirmity

that I might do better things.

I asked for riches

that I might be happy.

I was given poverty

that I might be wise.

I asked for power

that I might have the praise of men.

I was given weakness

that I might feel the need of God.

I asked for all things

that I might enjoy life.

I was given life

that I might enjoy all things.

I got nothing that I asked for,

but everything I had hoped for.

No comments: