Wednesday, January 09, 2008

Whew

Whew - we made it. The past month for me, as for many of you I am sure, was a whirlwind of parties, guests, food, music, work, traveling, kids, kids and more kids. It was one of my favorite Christmas' EVER. Dee and Tilly came from Chicago and we had a blast being together and spending every waking moment with our boys and girls. Many of our boys went to a relatives house for Christmas (as part of our reconciliation process - getting kids back into a home environment), but many kiddos were 'left behind'. So we took it upon ourselves to shower love onto them. I will post pics soon.

ALSO, I turned the big 3-0 on January 5th!! I was not so sure how I would feel about leaving the 20's behind, but now I am feeling comfortable with this new season in my life. A few people have reminded me that Jesus started his ministry when He was 30 - my first thought is - HOW did He live so long without sin? Second thought - WHY would He leave heaven to spend such a long time on earth? 100% man. 100% God. Cannot wrap my head around it. But, thank You, Jesus.

Update - Ladi, the young woman in a recent blog of mine, returned to her family in the village on Christmas day!! She is recovering well and Gay Lynn and I hope to visit her next week. Again, pics to come....

1 comment:

Robyn said...

I feel ya girl! I am so proud of your work. Keep it up... and thanks for the updates! Love, Robyn