Thursday, April 21, 2005

Off to the Theatre!!


Not to watch a movie, but to have surgery! "Theatre" is the term used for operating room. About a month ago I was at our Care Center and I saw Bola, a man whom I had only met briefly. I greeted him and reintroduced myself and told him I serve the boys as a nurse. Bola got really excited because he is the director of Christian Medical Fellowship in Nigeria and he wanted to see if we had any boys that needed surgery! Talk about a Divine Appointment! Over the next couple weeks, I assessed the boys and had a list of them to be seen by a surgeon. This resulted in four of our boys having surgeries to repair hernias and to remove cysts. Mama Kaka is a widow who lives with and cares for our boys, and she also had a cyst removed… one that caused pain for over 20 years!! All this was done completely free, thanks to God and Christian Medical Fellowship.

No comments: